Privacy & Security
For any Privacy inquiries regarding your MBNA MasterCard Credit Card Account, please click here.
*Please be advised, this website is not an MBNA website, inquiries to this website are monitored and responded to by Aimia, the redemption supplier.
Aimia, believes in protecting the privacy of Customers. When we collect personal information from a Customer – whether online, over the phone, or in person – we follow the privacy principles of applicable Canadian law including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the Canadian Marketing Association (CMA). These are our ten promises to customers:
- Notice. When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice. We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make.
- Relevance. We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
- Retention. We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
- Accuracy. We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
- Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Sharing. Except as described in this policy, we won’t share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
- International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we’ll take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
- Enforcement. We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, change your marketing preferences, or issue a complaint, contact us at:
130 King St. West, Suite 1600
Scope of this Policy
This Policy is effective as of February 14, 2012.